Hailing from the song-rich soil of Minneapolis, Brianna Lane is the latest in a deluge of compelling songwriters flooding the region. Lane’s vocals are both confidant and fragile, running parallels to Mindy Smith or a close confidant to Americana veteran Patty Griffin.
Brianna Lane is a gifted singer/songwriter in true Americana form. She writes and performs on an acoustic guitar as well as a banjo, crafting songs that are clear-eyed and pure—with an integrity derived from her gritty, unflinching emotional honesty. Jim Walsh recently wrote that Brianna Lane is "poised, ambitious, a great writer, a soul singer of the first order, and an accomplished guitarist.” (Star Tribune) Lane grew up in Minnesota and still calls Minneapolis home. In her ten years of touring Lane has shared the stage with Gillian Welch & David Rawlings, Colin Hay, Billy Bragg, Dar Williams, Patty Larkin, The Weepies, Jennifer Nettles (of Sugarland), and numerous other well seasoned musicians. She has also shared powerhouse, leg-powered bicycle tours with Righteous Babe artist Peter Mulvey. Lane has released four full length solo records and one duo EP with Cahalen Morrison as “Harbor Collective”. Her latest full-length CD is entitled “The Navigators Club”.
Behind Lane’s beguiling smile lies a heart that has had its share of heartache where songs like “In My Bones” and “Company” draw their inspiration. Her stories oscillate between a sense of urgency and resolve while seeking a tranquil balance. Brianna Lane is proof that talent, ambition, and honesty still mean something in today’s hyper-stylized and manipulated musical landscape.
- Home base: Minneapolis, MN
- Past touring hub: Asheville, NC
- Past Band: Brianna Lane & the Navigators Club
- Favorite Colors: green and purple (but not together)
- Favorite Books: anything by Jeanette Winterson, Siddhartha by Herman Hesse
- Pets: 1 dog, 1 cat, and 6 city chickens
- Hobbies: knitting, biking, writing, reading
- Pronouns: she/her, they/them
- Family: 1 partner and two step-kids
- Jobs: musician, music teacher, music coach/virtual manager, birth doula, Executive Director of The Warming House - a listening room in Minneapolis, MN